PDA

View Full Version : Ford River

The Bait Shop Guy
04-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Made my first boat trip of the season today, out of Ford River. Conditions were less than ideal, (clear water, bright skies,) but it was a good day for a "shakedown cruise." We did manage to catch one walleye about 27 inches. I was surprised to see she was already spawned out! Water temp in the bay was 38 to 42 degrees, 46 in the river. The new access on the river is nice. Hopefully they'll get the dock put in sometime this week, though.

formereskymo
04-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Chris, what is the new dock like at the Ford?? Last year people were talking about a new launch and new fishing pier?? What did the final product end up like?? Picture???

I fished the Ford a tons when I was a kid and had tons of fun. When I was kid there was a great run of trout off the Ford for a couple of years.

How is the lake level??

Will be up Memorial Day weekend, and will stop by to get a report and some harnesses (copper, hammered and red for me).

Thanks again for keeping us up to date with the reports.

The Bait Shop Guy
04-13-2009, 09:12 AM
They rebuilt the launch last fall. It's twice as wide as it used to be, so two boats will be able to launch/load at the same time. It's also not as steep as it used to be. I forgot that there was supposed to be a fishing platform put in, too. Nothing along those lines has been built yet - maybe this summer.

All they did was rebuild the launch. The channel was not dredged out, so there are still some areas of skinny water out at the mouth. Even with the lake level being up, I found a couple spots with less than a foot of water. No problem for my little 16 footer, but anything over 18 feet might have a pretty hard time getting out.