PDA

View Full Version : Dead head off the Escanaba River

The Bait Shop Guy
04-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Just a heads up - there's a dead head floating upright about 150 yards due east of the mouth of the Escanaba River in about 10 FOW. Just keep your eyes open when fishing in that area, as it could be a hazard to navigation and fishing gear...ain't that right, Mr. Tourangeau :D

No trout and only one spawned out walleye tonight. Water was 49 degrees in the river, and 42 to 48 out in the lake around the river mouth.

Icefish2
04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Pay close attention when navigating to the "perch grounds", near the Gladstone Campground. There are nets extending out from the dropoff, just north of the harbor.

jtourangeau
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Just a heads up - there's a dead head floating upright about 150 yards due east of the mouth of the Escanaba River in about 10 FOW. Just keep your eyes open when fishing in that area, as it could be a hazard to navigation and fishing gear...ain't that right, Mr. Tourangeau :D

No trout and only one spawned out walleye tonight. Water was 49 degrees in the river, and 42 to 48 out in the lake around the river mouth.

Tried to remove it with my planer board,but its a little to large to land.

SSMACNCHEESE
04-16-2009, 10:19 PM
how long do the numbnuts get to leave all these nets out for? I never remember encountering as many as I have this spring. Of coarse that could be because I'm more aware of my resource...... Why is it everytime I go fish I get checked to make sure I don't have 6 walleyes or one thats an eigth inch shy of 15 but these guys can net basically unregullated?

jtourangeau
04-20-2009, 03:13 PM
that would be murphys law,on the other end,if you see nets that are being unlawfully used call the ''report all poaching''number on fishing guidelines handbook.

The Bait Shop Guy
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
R.a.p. # 1-800-292-7800