PDA

View Full Version : Costa 580's vs. H3O's

Red Childress
05-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a noticeable difference between the Costa del Mar 580's and H30's??

I have been hearing and reading about how great the new 580's (Green mirror lens) are so I wanted to make sure before I consider an eBay purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Jasm2
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I dont see how anything could be better then Oceanwaves. Backwater green during lowlight and ocean blue during bright sun.

allegheny river kid
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
While i cannot say if there is a difference or not between the two i can say that i have the H30s and for the money they are very nice. I like the option of being able to change the lense color out when needed. The one down fall is that the lenses can come out easy. I had one fall into the water but luckily got it back quickly..

Red Childress
05-07-2009, 01:48 PM
From what I can gather, the Oceanwaves have been around longer than the 580's so it has been hard to gather recent info about them. I had some clients back in April that swore by them.

I currently have the H3O's......

cband
05-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Red, I really liked the 580 Lenses. I tried most of the frames on last year while at the beach. Problem is, I couldn't get a frame that would fit by big head. Before an ebay purchase, I would go and try them on somewhere.

Red Childress
05-08-2009, 06:59 AM
I spoke with a rep from Costa a few days ago and she told me about a few frames made for melon heads, like myself.

The Deep Blue frames are XL, the Zane and Turbine are L and the Triple Tail and Harpoon's are Medium Large.

river rat 83
05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I am unfamiliar with the Ocean Waves, but I have had 2 pairs of Costa's. I had Triple Tail 400's in blue mirror which I lost then bought the same in the 580.

The 580's are awesome, however are not as scratch resistant as the 400 for some reason. I am hard on equipment though so maybe it's just me....

I will go with green mirror next time around, the blue is fine in brilliant sun (excellent for saltwater) but for the river it's a little much