PDA

View Full Version : Line advice

medic179
05-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Ive used Seaguar flourocarbon in the past, pricey. Any suggestions for relining my reels this year for a less expensive but effective alternative?
lb test?
color?

tpk2000
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I have used Cabela's brand "no-vis" 20# on two trips to the Fl. Keys and it worked great. Held up well taking fish out of rocks and at a fair price.

The Bait Shop Guy
05-13-2009, 10:08 AM
If you can find it, I highly recommend Yo-zuri Hybrid. It's a nylon/fluorocarbon hybrid monofilament that's less expensive than 100% fluorocarbon. It has fantastic abrasion resistance and works well on both spinning and baitcasting reels.

Big Tom
05-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I agree with Chris...Yozuri Hybrid is a good, tough Flouro coated line, but can be squirrly in cold weather.

The pink Flouro carbon that Cabelas is closing out is the best I have ever fished...and that sentiment is shared by a lot of other Guides and fishermen I know. I think it is still available through their bargain barn at a great price!

I am a mono line fanatic and the newest and best out there is Endurance by Cortland. Small diameter (6# is .008), super strong, and supple even in 35 degree water.

Thats one you may want to add to your inventory Chris!