PDA

View Full Version : ford river sunday night

jerkbait
05-18-2009, 07:39 AM
left the river around nineish and trolled sticks from the mouth to fishery pt. a few times. I took my buddy and his kid and had a hit ten minutes in. we let the kid take the rod and he did a great job landing the 24" sow. after that things cooled off as we watched almost all the other boats funnel into the river before dark. it should have clicked that the bite was done but i figured it would get better after dark, wrongo. ended up having one more hit just after dark and was very surprised when the fish jumped. got her in the net and was pumped... my first brown in my boat, an 18 or 19" with beautiful colors. and that was it. both the brown and the walleye came on f11 floating rap. will post a pic when i figure out our new camera... our old camera got pick pocketed out of my wifes diaper bag at the n.e.w. zoo in green bay last month pretty disgusting a woman bumped into my wife while she was changing a diaper in the bathroom she had the diaper bag over her shoulder with the camera in it and just thought someone bumped into her in the crowded bathroom. couldnt believe someone would steal a camera with memories of a families kids pretty sick huh. good thing we just uploaded all the pics from the memory card before the trip but we lost all the zoo pics includeing the ones of our girls hand feeding the giraffe bummer. oh well hope everyone had a safe opening weekend and be safe this season.

jerkbait

The Bait Shop Guy
05-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I fished in the mouth of the Ford last night. It was another smallmouth whack-fest! Boated 13 fish and lost 5 or 6 more. Biggest one was 19 1/2 inches, with lots of them in the 16 to 18 inch range. Caught a couple of them on Mann's Baby 1- crankbaits, but most of them bit on a tube jig - color didn't matter. Good fun!

jerkbait
05-18-2009, 11:14 PM
hope this works...

RudyG
05-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the great posts guys!

Glad you've gotten out.. still waitin here.. other obligations and boatwork are hindering me. Got some brookies last week tho. That was fun!