PDA

View Full Version : Thompson 240 HT

RudyG
05-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Hey... did you folks know Yar Craft is making the new Thompson 240 HT???

A friend of mine has had contact with the Factory on this and has a bunch of info on it.. sweet ride in an ALL Fiberglass, "No wood" boat with a 25' length and 100" beam. They are going I/O which is new to Yar Craft and they are on the second motor trial for it with a 5.0 MPI Alpha drive, SS Enertia prop, in the first and a 350 Mag Brovo III going in the second. "Second isnt tested yet."

Just thought it would be some interesting "eyecandy"

captjimtc
05-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Nice looking boat but I don't think I'd ever buy another I/O vessel. Limits the late year fishing too much and the doghouse just gets in the way.....I'd take it if it had outboards on it...

dness
05-29-2009, 09:05 PM
I like the hardtop idea and the I/O both! Sure its not real handy when things start to freeze up but I'm pretty much done for the year by that time anyway. Looks like lots of deck space in the cockpit, wonder how the headroom is under the top? Worst part....new boat=big bucks.. but it doesn't cost much to dream..

RudyG
05-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Length on trailer: 28’ 4”

Width on trailer: 101”

Height on trailer: 9’6”

Length of boat: 25’

Interior depth: 39”

Beam: 100”

Weight w/o motor 3888#’s

Cockpit width 13’2” x 6’6”

Cuddy: 5’6” x 6’3”

Two 32” built-in coolers

One 47” built-in cooler

91 gallon aluminum fuel cell

DooFighter
05-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Nice looking rig. That is a samin fishing machine. A friend has a 21' hard top from the early nineties. Good boat. Made locally, too (lower MI). Are yar craft still made in WI?

Double Tap
05-31-2009, 12:14 AM
Yar-Craft boats have been made in Wausau WI since the line was purchased several years ago by Norlen Inc. which also manufuctures Tommy Docks. The company also now owns the Thompson brand of boats too.

Zulu
06-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I have a 21' Thompson with a heat exchanger on the inboard motor. I am able to fish late in the year as long as I pull the plug on the fresh water port of the heat exchanger when I am finished fishing for the day. I enjoy the enclosure year round as it blocks the cold wind in the spring and fall and provide shade in the summer. The cockpit layout is wide open and makes for enjoyable atmosphere as everyone can get out of the weather when motoring or it begins to rain. The down fall of the older model I/O was the drive coupler were ungreaseable and you had to pull the motor to change it if it failed. I understand the new model drive coupler are greaseable.