PDA

View Full Version : What happened to walleyes in the mouth?

JBovay
06-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone was successful fishing at the Whitefish mouth or river area. The days we tried we didn't get a bite...not even a sheepshead. When the wind is blowing it is nice to take shelter up there and at least catch a few fish. It seems like if the bite is related to water temperature, isn't the river a bit warmer? Like I said though, if I had all the answers then I would have my limit every time I went out. Guess it keeps the challenge going. Looks like I will battle the waves again.

river runner
06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
we seemed to do better with the waves and wind.

Just wondering if anyone was successful fishing at the Whitefish mouth or river area. The days we tried we didn't get a bite...not even a sheepshead. When the wind is blowing it is nice to take shelter up there and at least catch a few fish. It seems like if the bite is related to water temperature, isn't the river a bit warmer? Like I said though, if I had all the answers then I would have my limit every time I went out. Guess it keeps the challenge going. Looks like I will battle the waves again.

fishmaster
06-05-2009, 01:44 PM
??? Been doing pretty good right off the tip of Garth Point, I'm not much for the wind and waves, hard to fish by yourself in that stuff!!! I could tell what set up I'm using but then I'd have to kill ya!! LOL!!! But I will say time of day seems to be making a big differnce right now!!

Kevin Lee
06-05-2009, 02:04 PM

There are lots of walleye at the head of the bay. But the bite is usually the best when we have a south wind that dirties up the water. They also turn on after we get a good amount of rain and the rivers start running hard (which also helps to keep the water dirty).