PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish for Muskies in Southeast PA?

Muskiekid
06-06-2009, 06:22 AM
I am a Marylander and live about one hour from Pennsyvlania. I've been fishing for Tiger Musklellunge for twelve years, but the Maryland DNR is no longer stocking them (the law is preventing us from importing them from PA hatcheries). As hybrids (they do not produce) the Tigers will be completely gone in the very near future.

There are Natural Strain Muskellunge (BIG ONES) in the Potomac River, but my glass boat would get torn up fishing there. I recently put a 20 HP motor on my boat figuring I can fish Lake Marburg and other lakes in the southeast part of PA.

Looking for suggestions of other lakes fairly close to Maryland?

I've got the fever - thanks.

Larry Jones
06-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Nockamixon Lake has muskies,you can lanch at the state park.Nockamixon State Park is along PA 563, just off of PA 313, five miles east of Quakertown and nine miles west of Doylestown. The main entrances are along PA 563 and can be reached from PA 309 and PA 313, or from the north on PA 412.
There also is Marsh Creek and a little further away is Raystown Lake along the PA Turnpike toward Pittsburgh.

Muskiekid
06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks Larry. I'll add it to my places to visit.

Looking forward to fishing with you in September.

Tom

rjjones
06-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Dont waste your time on the nock.We've had very little luck fishing that lake.They stock a ton of 8"-10" tigers in there but i'm convinced they need to get that size up to 12"-14"'s.Beautiful lake though.

Bushkilltom
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
If Marburg is the closest to you I would work it beautiful lake and has some big fish . I have only been there twice I don't think you will find a numbers lake in SEPA but Marburg has size