PDA

View Full Version : My weekend report

The Bait Shop Guy
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
It was too good to last. After catching limits of walleyes Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday pulling cranks south of Gladstone, my buddy just HAD to come up from Green Bay to go fishing with me! So we can all thank Drew for bringing the cold front with him:p The wind had switched back to the South Saturday, but not very strong. I figured we'd make a pass out off of Gladstone to see if they were still where I had left them the night before. We made one pass with no bites, so we packed up and moved to the Escanaba to try for some bass in the steady rain. Water in the river was 61 degrees, but even the smallies were off. We ended the evening catching 5 bass between the two of us on Senko's and Mann's Baby 1- crankbaits. Drew's 18 incher was the big fish of the trip.

He fished in and around Ford River/Breezy Point Sunday morning. He didn't catch a single bass in the river, so he headed out in the lake to try for walleyes. He said it was pretty rough down by Breezy with the North East wind. He finally hooked up with a nice walleye, only to have a wave roll on it behind the boat and knock it off. He wasn't too happy when he came back in after that, so we had to go do a little target shooting to blow off some steam (if you heard a hail of gunfire out near Perkins, that was us.)

I've been getting some reports of fish being caught suspended on cranks on the upper bay, and figured they might be a little less effected by the weather change than the shallow water fish. We headed up towards Center Reef and trolled south with the wind towards Saunder's Point. Put out a mixed spread of Deep Jr. T-sticks, Shad Raps, and Tail Dancers - anywhere from 65 to 120 feet back. We ended up going 4 for 5 on nice eaters (one fish was just barely over 15 inches, so we tossed that one back.)

All in all, not too bad considering the lousy weather.

The Bait Shop Guy
06-08-2009, 02:07 PM
We went to "Wally World" looking for some target ammo. Apparently this is their new "STOP" sign out front. Just had to add it because it made me laugh.

DARTHBAITER
06-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Drew here (grew and graduated in the Esky Area, now reside in the GB, WI area) - The weather and fishing was tough the June 6&7, but the fun never stops in the UP. No Chris....I don't want to go perch fishing! :rolleyes:

For lLBDN walleye, I now only net them, since higher powers had it for me to lose the fish on reel in (once in the 3 to 4 footers on sun june 7th out at the FORD) and once with CWAHL in the north bay. Best to all this fishing season. and remember "STOP - HAMMERTIME" or "STOP - Colaborate and Listen".......if you in the age group of FISHMASTER CWAHL and I you, know what that is all about.

DARTH BAITER - "The Dark Lord of the FISH!"

The Bait Shop Guy
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh man, what have I done?:rolleyes: Welcome to the site, bud.

The Bait Shop Guy
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
No Chris....I don't want to go perch fishing!

Sucks for you, buddy:p Bruce and I headed out off of the Gladstone campgrounds and did pretty well today. Fish were stacked right at the base of the breakline in 27 to 30 FOW. Perch rigs with wigglers and worms did the job tonight. Bruce had big fish honors with a 12 incher - that is, until I popped a 14 1/2 inch piggy perch! That may well be the biggest perch I ever caught! We ended up keeping around 20 fish. Several of them were kinda small, but were hooked bad and wouldn't have made it.

fonzypoo
06-10-2009, 10:50 PM
wow, nice perch!! Better watch out if i ever find an another job, in this crap hole,(Escanaba)...so i can buy a motor for my boat. You know ill cheese head fish you in a heart beat... ( Pull up and drop ancher)......Ofcousre all in laughs...