PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hooker Bait and Tackle Presents Free Musky Seminar

Red Childress
06-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Free Musky Fishing Seminar Presented by: The Happy Hooker Bait and Tackle Shop

Featured Speaker: Jim Bortz

Topic: The Two-Pronged Summer Assault

Other Speakers will include (time permitting): Red Childress and Charlie Brant of Allegheny Guide Service

Topic: Local Musky Techniques

Where: (Chautauqua Lake) 2415 West Lake Rd. (Rt. 394) Ashville, NY

When: Friday, July 24th

6pm---Beverages and Hot Dogs

7pm---Seminar w/ Jim Bortz

Jim's Resume:

Wildlife artist, photographer, and outdoor writer Jim Bortz has been a Field Editor for Musky Hunter Magazine for nearly a decade. His unique writing style and off the wall sense of humor have made his writing popular with readers everywhere. As a former fishing guide, his no-nonsense approach to musky fishing and straight forward teachings have been helping musky men and women put more fish in the boat for years. His knowledge of the natural world make him one of the most informative people in the fishing industry.

Pro Staff Affiliations: St. Croix Rods, Musky Hunter Magazine, and Triton Boats.

Joe M
06-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I will try to make it. I wish it was the Friday the 17th. There will be alot of guys up there from 3 rivers to fish the tourney on the 18th/19th.

Red Childress
06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Joe,

Sorry about the scheduling conflict but it was the only date all 3 of us could do it.

Joe M
06-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Red, I will pass the word around. Hope to still see you there.

river rat 83
06-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Being that it's near the lake, I assume the two-pronged summer assault is geared towards lake fishing?

Any river discussion in there?

Larry Jones
06-24-2009, 06:20 AM
JB,You & Red can use my trailer at Westfield if you guys plan to spend the night in the area and maybe fish Saturday.

Larry Jones
06-24-2009, 06:37 AM
JoeM & I have decided to have a Muskie Tournament on Saturday July 25th the day after the Chautauqua Muskie Seminars.This will be where everyone puts $20 in the pot and biggest muskie takes all.I will not fish myself I will sign up and collect entree money,hand out the Cash to the Winner and cook Hotdogs on the grill for everyone when they come in.Start time 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.,sign up at the Chautauqua Mukie Seminars at Happy Hookers or from 5:30 a.m. till 9:30 a.m. at Pendergast Launch.

Jim_Bortz
06-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Larry,
Thanks for the offer. We've already made arrangements for a place to stay. We'll probably fish for a while on Saturday before I have to head back. I have a couple of deadlines in the studio the following week.

See you there,
Jim

Larry Jones
06-24-2009, 10:09 AM
We will use Muskies Inc. Release Forms for the Saturday Tournament.Tournament hours 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.(you can start anytime after 6:00 a.m.,I will be at the Pendergast Launch for those who want to pay their $20 the Saturday till 9:30 a.m.)An entered muskie must be at least 40",you must also have a wittness sign your Release Form.For those who are in a boat by there self they will need to get a cell phone number of someone else in the tournament if they are in the narrows or South Basin to get a wittness to come to thier boat to see the fish and sign their release form.On the North Basin,call me at 716-432-0198 and I will run to you and wittness your catch & release.At all times keep the muskie in the net in the water or in a big enough live well while waiting for a wittness.The biggest muskie in legnth will win 100% Cash Pay Out! All fish must be released and must swim away to count in the Tournament.It would be nice to have some muskie pictures to post here after the tournament as well.I will serve Hotdogs off the Grill Starting at 3:30 p.m. and give away the Cash to One Lucky Winner at 4:30 p.m..
Come on out go to some Great Seminars on Friday at Happy Hookers and fish the Cash Muskie Tournament on Saturday.

Joe M
06-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Sounds good Larry. I will start spreading the word around. I hope we get at least 50 guys and send someone home with $1000 or more for a days fishing.

Red Childress
06-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey River Rat,

I missed your post.....sorry to reply so late.

The featured topic will be discussing lake fishing but I will be cruising around so if you want to talk about some river fishing stuff, I would enjoy that. I doubt Charlie and I will actually do a "formal seminar" with the time allotted. By the time Jim is finished and questions asked, we will probably begin wrapping it up and finishing off the beverages. :)

Red Childress
07-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Just pulling this back to the top as a friendly reminder.

Red Childress
07-26-2009, 07:17 AM
Jim's seminar was a huge success with over 70 folks attending. Brian and Lisa Green (Happy Hooker owners) were very excited with the turnout and look forward to building on those numbers for next year's event.

Jim_Bortz
07-27-2009, 06:40 AM
What a great time! Thanks to everyone who showed up. It was great talking to folks and having a couple of hotdogs. And thanks again to Brian and Lisa for organizing the event. Congrats on the great turn out.