www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Greg Garnett Greenheck trip

Smile Greg Garnett Greenheck trip

It is always good to hear when we have a Greenheck trip that Greg Garnett is along. When he and I get together, we always seem tp put some big fish in the boat. Back in 2006 we boated that 48 inch tiger musky that was one of the most beautiful fish ever to set "fin" in my boat. And last year Greg caught his second biggest walleye, a spawned out female that measured 30 inches.

This trip was no different... Justin and Adam were guiding along on this trip with me. Greg's guest Max was in my boat and he was casting a suick and got a nice pike about 36". As we were releasing it, the bobber that had a big sucker under it started to just take a be-line direction away from the boat. Max grabbed the rod and said it feels like there's a big one on here! He set the hooks and the fight was on. It was Max's hardest fighting fish, it peeled out a tight drag and had some agressive head shakes. Good thing the hooks were set good into its lower jaw and soon it was in my big Fribill net. What a fat fish! It was Max's biggest fish and his first musky! After a few photos and high fives, the fish was released.

For lunch, Greg had Mike Vandenboom bring to the landing sub sandwiches for all the guys. It was kind of cool to see Mike in his business suit bring down a huge box with lunch for us hungry fishermen! THANKS MIKE!! We all had our boats pulled up to shore for our shore lunch break. Justin and I left our suckers out of the back of our boats, and I looked out and noticed the bobber off the back of my boat making its way out to deeper water. I leaped out to the back of my boat and grabbed the rod and said, "who wants to catch a musky?" With all the guys filling their face with the sub sandwiches, one of Adam's clients put his sub down and said "I will!" He set the hooks and fought the nice musky in, and although it wasn't huge, it was one to remember as the "Lunch Musky!"

A good time was had by all, between our boats I believe we had 5 muskies, one nice pike, several good crappies and walleyes.

Another sucsessful Greenheck trip!

~John Sparbel
    Hooksetters Guide
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67408_170912242926044_100000218084292_609998_5981155_n.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	11997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37167_170912199592715_100000218084292_609997_102927_n.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	11998